Ensuring optimal oral health begins with regular dental check-ups & cleanings
At Today’s Dental, we believe that preventative care is the cornerstone of a healthy and beautiful smile.
Gum disease is painless, and affects around 95% of the population in different degrees. You could be more affected if you are a smoker, have a chronic disease, take medications, or have a genetic predisposition. It is irreversible but it can be controlled by having regular check ups and regular cleans. In some cases, regardless of age you can lose teeth if not treated on time.
Let’s further explore the importance of regular dental check-up and clean appointments, what to expect during your appointment, and how these simple yet vital procedures can benefit your oral health.
6-monthly dental check-up and cleans are essential for maintaining optimal oral health.
Here’s why it matters:
1. Early Detection of a Problem: Regular visits enable us to catch dental problems like cavities, gum disease or oral cancer in their early stages, making them easier to treat.
2. Plaque and Tartar removal: Despite your best efforts at home, plaque and tartar can build up on your teeth. Professional cleaning help remove these stubborn deposits, reducing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease
3. Overall Health Connection: Research suggests a link between oral health and overall health conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and respiratory problems. Regular check-ups can help monitor and manage these connections
4. Preventing Bad Breath: Dental cleanings eliminate bacteria in your mouth that can cause bad breath, leaving you with a fresh and clean feeling.
5. Enhancing Your Smile: Cleanings can remove surface stains, brightening your smile and boosting your confidence.
6. Peace of Mind: Knowing your oral health is in good hands and that any issues are being addressed promptly can reduce anxiety about potential dental problems.
1. Thorough Examination: Our experienced dentist will perform a comprehensive examination of your teeth and gums, looking for signs of dental problems.
2. Scans: In some cases, a dental radiograph (scan) may be taken to get a closer look at your oral structures
3. Professional Cleaning: A skilled dentist or oral health therapist will remove plaque and tartar from your teeth using specialised tools.
4. Polishing: After the cleaning, your teeth will be polished to remove surface stains and leave your teeth feeling smooth.
5. Oral Health Education: We’ll provide guidance on maintaining good oral hygiene at home, including brushing and flossing techniques tailored to your needs.
The frequency of your visit depends on your individual oral health needs.
For most patients, we recommend a check-up and clean every six months. However, some individuals may require more frequent visits due to specific dental conditions.
Dental disease can be prevented, and over 50% of this is achieved by your home dental hygiene. Effective plaque control techniques help to prevent gum disease and tooth decay that can lead to extensive and costly dental treatment.
- Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss daily to remove plaque between teeth and along the gumline.
- Use mouthwash, if recommended by your dentist/ oral health therapist
- Maintain a balanced diet with limited surgary snacks and beverages
- Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption
- Stay hydrated to promote saliva production, which helps protect your teeth.
Usually dental hygiene treatment is pain free. If you find treatment uncomfortable it is important that you discuss this with your dentist or oral health therapist as there are several options to help.
Not at all, our philosophy is to keep prices low and oral hygiene is the foundation to maintain a long term relation with our customers, we strive to provide you with an affordable health service.
Each session takes around 45 minutes, with one of our experienced Dentists or Oral Health Therapist at the same fees.
Don’t wait until you experience pain or discomfort, schedule your dental check-up and clean today!
Regular dental check-ups and cleaning are a proactive approach to ensuring your oral health remains in top condition.
At Today’s Dental, we are committed to providing the highest quality dental care. We look forward to serving you and your family’s oral health needs. Contact us today to schedule your next appointment.
Disclaimer: This webpage is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as medical advice. Please consult with a qualified dental professional for personalised dental care recommendations.